Locally owned + operated
Your student’s comfort, security, and experience at X01 are our highest priorities. And there’s no better way to ensure that than to be right here for your student. In town, on campus. In the building. On-call. Not out of state and out of touch with what is happening on campus and throughout Madison on a daily basis. In fact, X01 was developed and is owned by former UW graduates (who live in the Madison area). Dare we say that’s a connection that makes your student one of us? We do. To our future alum sisters and brothers, when you say Wisconsin…you said it all!
We are here for you, too
Contact us anytime you want. However you like, for whatever you need. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, call us at 608.292.2799 or stop by our leasing office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- We will start accepting parking applications for the next year on March 1st. You can find the application and more information about rates, contract terms & more on the Parking page.
- With current lease terms ending 8/13 and due to time constraints of the turnover process, we are unable to accommodate early move-in requests.
- You can drop your proof of insurance documents directly into the online tenant portal through the Insurance tab. You may also purchase a Renter’s Insurance policy through the portal. It is not necessary to send your policy or insurance documents to your property manager.
- We strongly recommend you do not have any mail or packages delivered to Grand/Central until you’ve taken occupancy in your apartment. Any packages and/or mail items that are sent to the building with the name of someone who is not a current tenant are typically sent back with the courier to its original sender.
- A sublet happens when a current tenant decides to rent their unit to a third-party, while keeping the lease is in the original tenant’s name. We often have sublease agreements when a current tenant decides to study abroad for a semester, or won’t be in Madison for the summer months. Subletting can involve the entire unit, or individual bedrooms. If a tenant chooses to sublet, he/she is ultimately responsible for finding a sublease-tenant. However, LZ Management’s marketing team can assist in the process. Price is to be negotiated between the original tenant and the sublet tenant. It’s important to keep in mind that the original amount of rent due remains the same. Additionally, the original tenant remains ultimately responsible for the lease if the sublease-tenant defaults. The original tenant is released from the lease obligations when the lease terminates. The sub-lessee(s) must complete an application to be approved by the landlord. In addition, all tenants, the sub-lessee(s), and the Landlord must sign the sublet agreement before the sublease becomes a legal amendment. Finally, there is a $150 sublet fee due upon completion of authorization.
- Absolutely! Rent can be paid online through the Appfolio tenant portal.
- Yes! You can reach out to our property manager, Taylor Harrell, with any questions or concerns via email at email@example.com or by phone at (608) 237-1111.
- A great and important question to ask. All entrances to the building (including the parking garages and elevators) have controlled access, meaning a fob is required to get in. There are also 24/7 surveillance cameras in all public spaces and entrances. In addition, we have on-site security overnight on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
- Yes! Residents can park their bikes and mopeds in our heated, secured underground parking garage for no additional fee. There are also bike racks outside of the building that residents can use free of charge.
- Maintenance requests can be submitted online via the Appfolio tenant portal, and our maintenance staff will respond promptly. We also have a 24/7 emergency maintenance team for any urgent matters that occur after hours that can be reached at (608) 283-3112.
I have had a great experience living at the X01 apartments. The landlord is extremely helpful, kind, and easy to talk to. Maintenance is also super efficient and free. They offer a lot of really nice free things for their residents too, like bagels and cream cheese the first of every month! I would totally recommend this place!
Love living at X01! It’s managed really well and they handle any issues quickly and easily. The apartments are really clean and modern. The location can’t be beat either.
I lived at X01 for two years while in college, and one of my biggest regrets was moving out my senior year. Obviously you can’t find a better location, and the landlord/management actually care about their buildings and residents. Plus, having everything included in one monthly payment saves a lot of time/stress. It might seem pricy at first, but when you consider the value of everything included, it really is the best choice for a campus apartment! 100% recommend living here.