Locally owned + operated
Your student’s comfort, security, and experience at X01 are our highest priorities. And there’s no better way to ensure that than to be right here for your student. In town, on campus. In the building. On-call. Not out of state and out of touch with what is happening on campus and throughout Madison on a daily basis. In fact, X01 was developed and is owned by former UW graduates (who live in the Madison area). Dare we say that’s a connection that makes your student one of us? We do. To our future alum sisters and brothers, when you say Wisconsin…you said it all!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Yes inside of our heated, secured parking garage. It's available to all residents at no additional cost - just be sure to register your bike or moped and stop by the office for your sticker!
- We will start accepting parking applications for the summer 2024 and 2024-25 lease term next year on March 1st. You can find the application and more information about rates, contract terms & more on the Parking page.
- Yes. You can reach out to our management team with any questions or concerns via email at email@example.com or by phone at (608) 237-1111.
- Maintenance requests can be submitted online via the Appfolio tenant portal, and our maintenance staff will respond promptly. We also have a 24/7 emergency maintenance team for any urgent matters that occur after hours that can be reached at (608) 283-3112.
- A great and important question to ask. All entrances to the building (including the parking garages and elevators) have controlled access, meaning a fob is required to get in. There are also 24/7 surveillance cameras in all public spaces and entrances. In addition, we have nightly on-site security.
- Absolutely! Monthly payments can be made online via the Appfolio Tenant Portal.
- A sublet happens when a current tenant decides to rent their unit to a third party while keeping the lease in the original tenant’s name. We often have sublease agreements when a current tenant decides to study abroad for a semester, or won’t be in Madison for the summer months. Subletting can involve the entire unit or individual bedrooms. If a tenant chooses to sublet, he/she is ultimately responsible for finding a sublease tenant. However, LZ Management’s marketing team can assist in the process upon request. Price is to be negotiated between the original tenant and the sublet tenant. It’s important to keep in mind that the original amount of rent due remains the same. Additionally, the original tenant remains ultimately responsible for the lease if the sublease tenant defaults. The original tenant is released from the lease obligations when the lease terminates. The sub-lessee(s) must complete an application to be approved by the landlord. In addition, all tenants, the sub-lessee(s), and the Landlord must sign the sublet agreement before the sublease becomes a legal amendment. Finally, there is a $150 sublet fee due upon completion of authorization.
- Due to the time constraints of the turnover process, we are unable to accommodate early move-in requests. All leases begin at 2:00pm on August 15th.
- You can drop your proof of insurance documents directly into the online tenant portal through the Insurance tab. You may also purchase a Renter’s Insurance policy through the portal. It is not necessary to send your policy or insurance documents to your property manager.
- We strongly recommend you do not have any mail or packages delivered to Grand/Central until you’ve taken occupancy in your apartment. Any packages and/or mail items that are sent to the building with the name of someone who is not a current tenant are typically sent back with the courier to its original sender.
I have had a great experience living at the X01 apartments. The landlord is extremely helpful, kind, and easy to talk to. Maintenance is also super efficient and free. They offer a lot of really nice free things for their residents too, like bagels and cream cheese the first of every month! I would totally recommend this place!
Love living at X01! It’s managed really well and they handle any issues quickly and easily. The apartments are really clean and modern. The location can’t be beat either.
I lived at X01 for two years while in college, and one of my biggest regrets was moving out my senior year. Obviously you can’t find a better location, and the landlord/management actually care about their buildings and residents. Plus, having everything included in one monthly payment saves a lot of time/stress. It might seem pricy at first, but when you consider the value of everything included, it really is the best choice for a campus apartment! 100% recommend living here.